Happy are the people whose God is the Lord.
Psalm 144:15

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Poems and Ponderings


~I Like The Fall~

I like the fall,
The mist and all.
I like the night owl's
lonely call-
and wailing sound
of wind around.

I like the gray
November day,
and bare, dead boughs
that coldly sway
against my pane.
I like the rain.

I like to sit
and laugh at it-
and tend
my cozy fire a bit.
I like the fall-
the mist and all.

Dixie Willson

~Autumn~


The morns are meeker than they were;
The nuts are getting brown;
The berry's cheek is plumper,
The rose is out of town.

The maple wears a gayer scarf,
The field a Scarlet gown.
Lest I should be old-fashioned,
I'll put a trinket on.


Emily Dickinson

3 comments:

Annette said...

I love Emily Dickinson!

Madeleine said...

I love Emily, too! She is one my favorite poets....... One can almost never go wrong with Dickinson poems. My favorite is: I am nobody, who are you.....in fact I memorized it when I was eleven years old. :) What is your favorite, Mrs. Annette?

Meredith said...

Hey Maddy!

Just dropped by your blog and enjoyed seeing pictures of your family happenings... hope you are doing well!

~meredith