Happy are the people whose God is the Lord.
Psalm 144:15

Friday, January 29, 2010

Enjoying our Days!



"As thy days, so shall thy strength be." Deuteronomy 33:25

"He that hath so many causes of joy, and so great, is very much in love with sorrow and peevishness, who loses all these pleasures, and chooses to sit down upon his little handful of thorns. Enjoy the blessings of this day, if God sends them; and the evils of it bear patiently and sweetly: for this day is only ours, we are dead to yesterday, and we are not yet born to the morrow. But if we look abroad, and bring into one day's thoughts the evil of many, certain and uncertain, what will be and what will never be, our load will be as intolerable as it is unreasonable."
- Jeremy Taylor

2 comments:

Shelbi said...

Maddie, I didn't know you were starting a blog! I'm so excited! It looks great!

Unknown said...

Madeleine, I LOVE the verse that you chose to describe your post- "Enjoying Our Days!". That speaks so truthfully of your home.
May I be so bold as to add my favorite verse as I face each day? "This is the day the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it". Ps. 118:24 God is so good to us, isn't He? xoxo>