Happy are the people whose God is the Lord.
Psalm 144:15

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Poems and Ponderings


What Love Have I?


What Love have I to shed abroad?
What love grows in this worthless sod,
unless The Gardener add seed,
and pluck the wayward, fleshly weed,
sprinkle His pure righteousness
covering dry sinfulness?
What love grew I alone?

What love have I to shed abroad?
What love can I shine long and broad
from an extinguished flame,
doused by my own foolish rain?
Unless my heart’s desire
be lit with God’s immortal fire.
Fanned to blaze bright with glory,
telling His eternal story.
What love shine I alone?

Alone? Not I!
My Lord did die,
grafting His own Love scarred hands
Into my barren, fruitless lands.
A love that withers not, nor fails;
touched not by winds or driving hails
now His forever yield.

And the cold and deadly flame?
My Lord has wrought a happy change.
Warmer, wider does it seek
to cheer the faint and aid the weak,
brightens home and lightens labor.
I have no love but through my Savior.
His Love He shed for me.

~Madeleine Wynn~
3/22/2010



3 comments:

Shelbi said...

So beautiful! You did a great job!

I can't wait to go camping with you guys again in a few weeks and get back into the swing of all our camping craziness!!! :D

Allix Ruby said...

This is beautiful, Maddie darling. :) Love it! Can't wait to see you this weekend! :D <3

Savories of life said...

Beautiful! Enjoy your blog. Check me out.