Happy are the people whose God is the Lord.
Psalm 144:15

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"Is 'me' a noun?"



The girls and I were reading a book this morning. There were the general giggles and exclamations when we saw the cute and quirky pictures from:


When we finished, Bella said,"Maddie, Is 'me' a noun?" She pointed to herself and looked questioningly at me.
"Yes, Bella, you are a proper noun."
"I'm one too," screamed Lizzie. "Look I'm a noun verbing on a noun." She began jumping around. Then Wiggy, for no reason except that she likes to jump, copied Lizzie. Ah, looks like I've got a host of frogs (nouns) in my room (noun)!!

I love when they understand a concept!
What books do you enjoy reading to your sisters and brothers?

2 comments:

Shelbi said...

Sarah Grace loves "Little House on the Prairie" and Stephen and Silas like...anything that has pictures of cowboys and/or policeman. :)

Lizzie is so funny! Hope your week is going great...
Love, Shelbi

Madeleine said...

We all love "Little House" here!!!! I think the girls could listen to that series all day long and still beg for more. :) How hilarious, I could definitely picture Stephen and Si loving those. Silas walks with a cowboy strut and Stephen always has his "gun" strapped on, just in case..... ha, ha.